Monday, June 15, 2009

Not Me Monday




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else has not been doing this week.

Ever have one of those days where you constantly make decisions then ask yourself, "What was I thinking?" Well, I've had a whole week of those days. Here's a few of the hi-lites:

To start with, hoodlums did NOT break into my craft room in the middle of the night and spray graffiti everywhere, even though that's what it may look like in this picture.



I've got so many rooms in this house to paint that I've declared this the Summer Of Painting! I did not think it would be fun to let Sport and Spice scribble on my craft room walls with paint before I went over it all later with a roller. When I came up with this idea I definitely did not have images of the Brady Bunch episode where Carol and Mike first hooked up and the boys had to give up one of their rooms in order to make room for the girls running through my mind. You know the one where Bobby and Cindy - or was it Jan and Peter - bonded by painting tic-tac-toe boards on the wall and a grand time was had by all? I did lay down some ground rules first, but I did NOT think it was necessary to say things like, "Do not paint the baseboards on purpose." and "Do not fill your brush with so much paint giant gobs of it are oozing down the walls." I did not cut this activity short, very short, when things quickly started going down hill. A grand time was had by Sport and Spice, but NOT Groovie Mom.

I did not volunteer to help out at this week's Cub Scout camp so Sport, Spice, and I could all attend. When one of the directors called and asked me to be a den leader in charge of a group of 10-year-old boys, I was not so gullible that I actually believed him when he said ALL I would have to do is lead the boys around from one activity to another. Therefore, I was not at all slightly dazed and confused when I received my instructions for the week and they said things like:

"Create a den flag by lashing two sticks together..."

and

"bring a work bucket to store your pocket knife, duct tape, hammer, and other tools..." Now if I could just figure out which one of my pocket knives to bring.

And when I Googled "lashing sticks together" I did not find approximately 41,637 hits that involved eyelashes sticking together after putting on too much mascara and only one paltry You Tube video about actually lashing sticks together. I did not start to watch said video only to give up 2 minutes into it after realizing it was a two parter, each about 8 minutes long and the first set of instructions involved carving an X in the end of one stick and gathering nylon parachute rope.

Incidentally, I did not just spell Googled G-o-g-g-l-e-d in my last entry the first time I tried to type the word.

And finally, I did not sign up for a Zumba class coming to our church and then regret it after watching Zumba videos on You Tube and remembering just how uncoordinated I am. As a rule, I don't exercise in public. Heck, who am I kidding, I don't exercise period. Well, I've already staked out my position when the class begins. I'll be in the Front Row! NOT!

No comments: