Monday, August 24, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY August 24, 2009...
Outside my window...A squirrel has found a treat. It's wet from an overnight rain that no one heard.
I am thinking...about things we need to do today and how fast my babies are growing up. In the past week I've realized Sport's clothes are too big for the kid sized hangers he has. He needs man size hangers now! Two weeks ago he tried on size 8 pants at the mall. I bought him a couple of pair this weekend and they're already too short! Spice decided yesterday she was ready to take the training wheels off of her bike and while she's not ready to go tooling around the driveway on just two wheels yet, she did a great job for her first time out. She also rode a horse for the first time Friday.
I am thankful for...healthy, growing kids.
From the learning rooms...We are continuing our studies of the 13 colonies. We've been enjoying the Along the American History Trail lesson plans posted at Serendipity and all of the fun colonial days activities. Today we're going to paint stenciled notecards.
From the kitchen...tacos are on the menu for today - a double batch since I'm making dinner for a friend who just had a baby. For the rest of the week, there's Italian basil shrimp with pasta, pizza, cheese tortellini with garlic and mushrooms, and Mexican casserole. For lunch it's Muffin Tin Monday! I don't usually stick with the themes though. That would require actually planning ahead.
I am creating...lists of things to do this week, this month, next month...
I am going...to Kohl's later to return the aforementioned pants I bought for Sport. Tonight I'll be working in the church office while Sport has his religion class, then we're off to our first Cub Scout meeting of the new school year.
I am reading...The Long Snapper by Jeffrey Marx, a story about one of my all time favorite LSU football players and his improbable return to football and, ultimately, the Super Bowl.
I am hoping...for family harmony in our homeschool this week. We had a few rough days last week.
I am hearing...the kids talk about and sing one of their "favorite songs" while they are supposed to be working quietly!
Around the house...laundry to be put away (as usual), too many books piled on the coffee table, and a pile of clothes and toys waiting to be priced for a consignment sale I'm participating in this week.
One of my favorite things... a good book.
A few plans for the rest of the week: church and Cub Scouts tonight, homeschool enrichment classes and a playdate tomorrow, consignment sale shopping Thursday (YIPEE)!
Here is picture thought I am sharing...


We had our first not-so-hot day in a long time yesterday so naturally my thoughts turned to two of my favorite things about fall: pumpkin patches and football (more on that next week).

To read more daybook thoughts head over to Peggy's blog.

No comments: