Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Homemade Microwave Popcorn

A new year has begun and that means everyone is dusting off last year's resolution to lose weight and get in shape and starting over again. I found this recipe in All You magazine a few months back and have been using it on a regular basis since then. I love microwave popcorn for a quick snack, but let's face it the prepackaged kind is not the healthy treat popcorn is meant to be. If you've been forking over the big bucks for organic/all natural microwave popcorn like me, here's a recipe your wallet will love as much as your waistline.

Pour 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels in a brown lunch bag. Add 1 tablespoon of oil (olive or canola is best) and 1 teaspoon of salt. Shake well, fold over the top of the bag, and cook in the microwave for 3-4 minutes.

The real beauty of this recipe is you can easily forgo the salt and add other flavors like brown sugar, cinnamon, garlic salt...mmmmm, I better go get popping.

This post is being linked to Balancing Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday and We Are That Family's Works For Me Wednesday.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I've wanted to try this for forever, but I always forget to buy brown paper bags.

Thanks so much for the lunch suggestion. We often have scrambled eggs but I have never once made egg salad, so simple and I can make it ahead of time. Thanks so much.