Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wasn't Me!




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


As for me, I did not go to BJ's (warehouse club) to purchase a large amount of Ovaltine for my chocolate milk obsessed family then panic upon learning BJ's does not sell Ovaltine and purchase a 3 pound barrel of Nesquik instead. Ovaltine is filled with vitamins and minerals and just a tad of sugar. Nesquik has about 47 grams of sugar per teaspoon and nary a vitamin or mineral. I would never serve something like that to my family, especially not first thing in the morning. What a start to the day that would be! After not purchasing the Nesquik, I also did NOT come home and find a can of Hershey's chocolate powder in my pantry that would have served our chocolate milk needs just fine for a day or two until I could get to a REAL grocery store to purchase Ovaltine.

I also most certainly did not jot down a cookie recipe that I came across while my son was attending a homeschool Spanish class at a nearby church and I used the church's wellness center to sneak in some exercise for the week. Even if I had copied down that recipe (at least it was lowfat) I would not come home and proceed to make said cookies that evening. Why that would have totally negated the 45 minutes I put in on the treadmill that morning when I discovered the recipe. Even if I had gone so far as to make the cookies I would not proceed to eat more than my fair share of them over the next day or two after deciding they weren't up to snuff. (I told you they were lowfat.)

I did not interrupt my son's homeschooling and come thisclose to using "unfriendly" language in front of my dear sweet children when we logged on to look up masterpieces by famous artists and this man's picture

came up on the Yahoo homepage under the headline "Nation's Top Recruiting Class" instead of this man's picture

Doing so would mean I value football over my child's education and besides, it's February. Football's done until August. What do you think I'm obsessed or something? That would also make it look like I hold a grudge against somebody and Tiger fans don't hold grudges. Never.

I also did not admit to being a Tim Tebow fan to a Florida Gator loving friend while telling her about this article someone from my homeschool group sent me. (He was homeschooled ya know?)

And finally, I did not fail to participate in Not Me Monday last week because I completely forgot what day it was even though I was so excited about participating for the first time. I did not sit around last Monday thinking of all the hilarious things I would write for Not Me Monday when Monday finally did roll around only to realize on TUESDAY that I had completely missed out. What do you think I'm scatter-brained or something?

5 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Hmm, you need to post that recipe. I love cookie! Hope you get some Ovultine soon!

Ape said...

GREAT NOT ME's!!! Im pretty scattered brain as well, I think that comes from having babies ha

groovie mom said...

Definitely comes from having babies! We moved to Atl while I was pregnant w/my first. I always think how people here have no idea how "with it" I USED to be.

My Trendy Tykes said...

Ah, SUGAR IS NOT SOOOOOOO GOOD though! lol

Linda

Lorie said...

I love it! And I forgot it was Monday!! :X I love 3 day weekends!