Monday, January 11, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, Monday, January 11, 2010
Outside my window...It's dark now, but the snow on the ground has been there for FOUR days now and the ice is slowly melting.
I am thinking...about next year and what homeschooling materials/curriculum we want to use.
I am thankful for...Homeschooling! With the lower than normal frigid temperatures here this past week and all of the school and road closings, it's nice to know we can go about our business as usual without ever having to leave our warm home.
From the learning rooms... We're heading out west. We started reading Little House On the Prairie yesterday and will be studying pioneers, the Gold Rush, and all things western for the next few weeks.
Around the house...I have finally caught up with the aftermath of Christmas and a weeklong post-Christmas trip to Louisiana. However, a stomach virus sweeping through the house is taking its toll on the couch and the laundry.
From the kitchen...plans for bean and cheese enchiladas for dinner were scratched after Spice and hubby succumbed to the stomach virus yesterday and today. The rest of the week will be touch and go and will depend on whether or not I ever make it to the grocery store.
I am wearing...grey turtleneck sweater, jeans, gray socks, tennis shoes.
I am creating...lesson plans for the next few weeks.
I am reading...Where Did You Sleep Last Night? by Danzy Senna.
I am hoping...the virus doesn't take it's toll on me (Sport already had his brush with it last week) and that Hubby's back heals REAL quick. Having a stomach virus is even worse when you can't move a muscle!
I am hearing...the dishwasher running in the kitchen and Big Bang Theory on the TV.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Who knows? We'll have to see how everyone is doing.

Visit Peggy for more Simple Woman's Daybook entries.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: