Monday, January 25, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, Monday, January 25, 2010
Outside my window...it's dark and windy.
I am thinking...of all kinds of things...upcoming Cub Scout banquet, craft projects, school work, house projects I want to get moving on...
I am thankful for...everyone finally being healthy again! It's been a rough two weeks here.
From the learning rooms... Sport and I have ditched Saxon math after one too many battles over the workbook. We have gone to an online program, Aleks, and it has been a godsend! After barely a week, he has decided he likes math again and it is in fact, his favorite subject. I have also discovered a few weakness that weren't showing up with Saxon and we have been able to work through them. Best of all, he asks to do math everyday!
Around the house...Hubby and the kids started peeling wallpaper off the walls in the entryway so I guess (hope) I'll be painting soon.
From the kitchen...We finally had the bean and cheese enchiladas I'd planned for 2 weeks ago. I'm trying out a new menu planning method for the next few weeks.We'll see how it goes.
I am wearing...jeans and my sparkly black and gold fleur de lis shirt. Still reveling in the glory of the Saints win last night!
I am creating...plans for our Gold Rush studies this week and a trip to the Tellus Science Museum to pan for gold.
I am reading...nothing at the moment. Just waiting on Hubby to finish Running For My Life by Warrick Dunn, one of the two books I gave him for Christmas that I can't wait to get my hands on.
I am hoping...to find a Mary Engelbreit page-a-day calendar on clearance at Wal-Mart tomorrow so I can make cute cards like this.
I am hearing...the heater running and Three and a Half Men on TV.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Homeschool enrichment classes tomorrow, 5-year check-up for Spice and Lego Club meeting Wed., Little Flowers on Thurs., gymnastics on Fri., and a Lego competition and basketball game for Sport on Sat.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
SAINTS ARE IN THE SUPER BOWL! (Finally!)

Visit Peggy for more Simple Woman's Daybook entries.

Posted by Picasa