Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Easy Peasy "Pizza"



Yesterday we were in Wal-Mart when the inevitable question came up..."Mom, can we get a Lunchable?" I'm not a fan of Lunchables. As a rule we only buy them when we're traveling for a fun lunch treat to be eaten on the road or when they're really, really on sale, like for $1. Being the quick-thinker that I am, I remember the mini pita breads I bought at Trader Joe's the day before. The kids were begging for pizza Lunchables anyway so here's our homemade version:
Ingredients

mini pita breads
pizza sauce
cheese

pepperoni


Spread some sauce on each pita. Top with cheese and pepperoni. Place in broiler for about a minute and a half or until cheese melts. Enjoy.

We all agreed they were better than the real thing.

Hope this recipe works for you as well as it worked for me. To find more great tips, head over to We Are That Family for Works For Me Wednesday.

No comments: