Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Box of Socks

Get a jump start on Christmas shopping for 2010! Here's a simple, but cute (and not to mention thrifty) gift for any young ladies on your list. Pick up holiday themed socks throughout the year, then box them all up and give as a gift.
I gave sock sets to both of my nieces this year and they were a hit. I found most of them at the Target Dollar Spot or Dollar Tree. For the Christmas pair, I splurged at Big Lots and spent $2 per pair for the big fuzzy socks, bringing my total to a whopping $7 for gifts that will be used throughout they year. Once I had all of the pairs, I tucked them into a recycled shirt box and made a fancy label like "Spice's Box O'Socks".

 

 

If you want to make this even more economical, wait until each holiday is over and score some half-price socks. I went ahead and made like a big spender though because I didn't want to chance missing out on any particular holiday.
When Christmas rolled around, I was kicking myself for not making sock boxes for Spice and her cousin so I've already started to work on that. I have noticed it is a little harder to find themed socks for little girls. Most of them come in ladies sizes. Why? Who do you honestly think would prefer to wear socks covered with shamrocks or skeletons? Anyway, I have had good luck with smaller sizes at Target. It just requires a little more digging.
Hope you find this idea useful even if you think it's a little soon to be thinking about Christmas! For more great tips, visit We Are That Family for Works For Me Wednesday.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mama Said said...

I love this idea! Very cute and creative!

Mama Said said...
This comment has been removed by the author.