Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Favorite Projects of 2009 Part 2

When I first laid eyes on this family rules canvas over at the Pleated Poppy, I knew I had to have one. Luckily, Lindsey gives a great tutorial so you can make one of your own. I pretty much followed her directions to a tee. The only thing I would add is to print out a "rough draft" of your rules on plain paper first to make sure they will fit. I thought I had measured well and went straight to printing out on my lovely color-coordinated scrapbook paper that I had spent weeks searching for. Not good. I was able to make do and squeeze out enough scraps to print out our rules with a smaller font. Here's our finished product:

 

I used a 24X8 canvas. I would have loved to do a huge one, but I wanted this hanging in our kitchen where it could be seen often and the best place for hanging was the side of a cabinet. I also added a ribbon to the top of mine to make a bow for hanging. I did not want to put a nail through the cabinet so I used a Command Hook.

I used some of the rules on Lindsey's canvas and added some of my own. Here are our rules:

Always tell the truth
Always show respect
Don't hit...hug
Love one another
Have fun
Mind your manners
No whining
Help each other
Think before you speak...use gentle words
Laugh daily
Be kind, be happy, be positive
Clean up after yourself
Listen well
Obey the first time
Celebrate together, be on each other's team
Never leave angry
Be a blessing
Work hard, work together
Encourage each other
Cuddle often
Say your prayers...thank God for this family


The most fun part was picking out all the cute fonts to use. I downloaded all of my fonts for FREE from Fonts For Peas.

No comments: