Monday, March 8, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, Monday, March 8, 2010

Outside my window...It is a beautiful day! Spring has finally sprung! Not sure how long it will stick around though until the cold makes a return.
I am thinking...of how nice it is to finally be able to send the kids out to play and how glad I am we don't have anything else to do today except enjoy this wonderful weather.
From the learning rooms... We have just finished up and it was a nice day where everyone cooperated. We started a new unit on Abraham Lincoln, Sport sped through long division, Spice had a great time making cloud pictures with white pant on blue construction paper then finding shapes in the clouds, and both of them worked on masterpiece birthday cards for their cousin who turns 15 this week.
From the kitchen...Kielbasa and potatoes tonight. A super simple, super quick dish that's cooked under the broiler. Check back tomorrow for the recipe.
I am wearing...jeans and a thin long-sleeved turquoise top (finally no bulky sweater) with a white tank top underneath and tennis shoes.
I am creating...School plans for the rest of the week. Spice and I are going to study Eric Carle so I'm digging out all kinds of ideas I've saved for a unit on his work.
I am reading... just started The Exact Same Moon by Jeanne Marie Laskas and am working to finish up Bringing Up Boys by James Dobson, a book I started oh about a year ago then got sidetracked.
I am hoping...the weather stays this nice all week.
I am hearing...birds singing, a woodpecker working away at the lovely home he has carved out for himself in our chimney(!) and Sport and Spice playing Frisbee outside. Well...Spice just whacked Sport in the mouth with the Frisbee. Game Over.
A few plans for the rest of the week: A surprisingly laid back week. Basketball season is over for Sport so no more Tuesday practices. We have our homeschool classes tomorrow and tennis and book club later this week. So far we also have a free weekend so I will need to spend it priming and painting the walls in our entryway. Not looking forward to it, but I know it will look so good when it is done!

Visit Peggy for more Simple Woman's Daybook entries.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: